Sunday, July 10, 2011

Market Research and 5 things

I'm in the midst of writing.
Writing like a Tasmania Devil.

Brainstorming, researching, and yet I missed one little thing. While I have been beating my head against the wall trying to finish my Stress Management books, I have been ignoring the very thing that I am good at.

Financial Coaching.
Lately, I have been finding myself giving financial advice to my friends who seem to be finding themselves in interesting monetary situations. When I say interesting, I mean, they have found themselves dealing with things in which they were not prepared... large sums of money.
Now, I must preface with, most of my friends struggle to make enough to get by. Paycheck to paycheck mostly. When they have a little extra money, it usually goes to pay off a debt here, or a loan there. But when faced with an unusually large sum of money (or business opportunity) it can be quite frightening and overwhelming.

We (as Middle-Americans living in a capitalistic economy) have been trained very well to spend beyond our means. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer (74 Americans make more than 19 million Americans - chew on that for a minute).

Then it hit me.

We have to change something!
Backstory time - I spent over 14 years in the financial industry. From Insurance and investments, stocks and bonds, to Mergers, Acquisitions and start up business plans. I have seen everything from 'creative' accounting to shady mortgage lending.

I have seen the money monster up close and honestly - it is nothing more than just a very small man behind the curtain (insert Wizard of Oz reference here). The fear and poverty mentality that is running rampant through American culture is shocking, and ideas about it HAVE TO CHANGE!

I need to write a book on this!
So, that is what I am doing.

Baby steps, bite sized pieces, easy to understand.

Begin an Adventure into Money, and start making it work for you (rather than the other way around).

To do this, I need your help. Please email, comment or smoke signal the answers as to how they apply to you:

What are Five of your biggest money concerns?

What 5 things stress you out (in life-not necessarily in money) the most?

Which 5 of the following are the most important to you?
*Make more Money
*Save more Money
*Save Time
*Avoid Effort
*More Comfort
*Greater cleanliness/hygiene
*Fuller health
*Escape Physical Pain
*Gain Praise/Popularity

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment