Wednesday, July 21, 2010

344 days till lift off ... and the journey has already begun.

Ok.
I'll be honest.
I'm freaking out a bit.
Two days ago, I committed to myself to be stepping on a plane to journey the globe on July 1, 2011 and now two days later I have realized... this idea is so much bigger than just little ol' human, me. Which is awesome, because really.. this journey isn't about me at all. Which is why I think I am a little bit panicked.
For two days a battle has raged in my mind.. here are the highlights (or low-lights)... how, why, what, money, planning, checking, double checking, prices, planning, can't, couldn't, too much, commitment (oh god commitment), and so on and so forth...
But yet... I remember the quote from Marianne Williams:
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Perhaps I am finally just staring fear in my own eyes... ready to liberate, or be liberated. To share this light, to venture out beyond what my human mind could ever dream, but do what my soul has always cried out for.

Today... I am reminded of another quote:


(often incorrectly attributed to Goethe but it's actually from Canadian Author Basil King)

I am ready for the Mighty.
I am ready for the Bold.
I am fearless.
I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment